How we hire?
1. What is the recruitment process in Tangoo?
You can normally expect a first chat with Human Capital, there will usually be an assessment or a practical business case to be delivered. After that one or two interviews with people from your new department (your manager will decide on that).
2. How do I prepare to make the best impression? Start with self-reflection!
You will find it easier to answer the interview questions and illustrate your strengths and experience if you have reflected on how you have performed in the past. Before you start applying, take some time to ask yourself a few of these questions:
● What are you good at? What are your talents and strengths that help you the most in your career so far?
● Have more of your achievements come as a result of solitary effort or teamwork?
● What do you enjoy more, solving problems or pushing the discussion forward?
● What is the most rewarding job you’ve ever had? Why?
3. What qualities are important to be successful throughout the selection process?
The most important is how your skills, knowledge and values will add to the overall company culture. We value diversity, business judgement, determination and speed of action.
You should be prepared to talk during the interview about things that matter to you in the position you’ve applied for and what is the impact that you are willing to make.
4. How to prepare the application?
You can have your old resume near as a reference point, but the best choice is to create a resume specifically designed for each job you want in a new document. Here’s how to create a job-specific resume:
● Insert in the CV the skills and experience that will be aligned with the requirement for the role. Like this we will see how your experience is tied to the job specification.
● Be specific about projects you’ve worked on or managed. What was the outcome? How did you measure success? Remember to include data.
● If you’ve had a leadership role, tell us about it. How big was the team? What was the scope of your work?
● If you’re a recent university graduate or have limited work experience, include school-related projects or coursework that demonstrate relevant skills and knowledge.
● Keep it short. Concision and precision are key — don’t let your CV grow to multiple pages, insert the most relevant information..
5. How do you conduct the interview process in the period of the pandemic?
Since last year, we moved most of our recruiting processes online, including video calls, remote assessments and feedback. We expect it to be so for some more time. The first meeting is there to stay remote, to make it easier for the candidates. For some positions though, it could be mandatory to have an onsite interview.
6. Do you offer all-remote positions?
Although we do have some 100 % remote working colleagues, we believe that the value of the social interaction and the magic that happens only when we are among others can get the best of the teams in presence. This is why we blend work from the office with work from home during the week thanks to our Home Office Policy. And we have fun together, too!
7. Yeah, you did it - now you work for Tangoo! What can you expect in the first days in the company?
One of your most important duties once you’re onboard, is absorbing everything. Getting to know the company’s culture, the working and communication styles of your teammates, the company projects, and department or company-wide goals means that you’ll be able to start your real work sooner (and be more effective when you do).
So, attend all the team and office meetings you can, even if you’re not yet sure what’s going on or they don’t 100% pertain to your work. Also, join in on the informal events. It’s a great way to meet people and fit in immediately.